Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Monday, January 23, 2006

A fleet of majestic hot air balloons

I went for my usual dawn walk in All Nations Park at the end of my street this morning and was fortunate enough to see a magnificent sight. Just as I rounded the corner I saw a fleet of six hot air balloons sailing in a perfect crescent formation over the top of the Mound (a man-made rocky hill with a walking track in the centre of the park). The sky was all shades of pink and washed out blue with the clouds looking thin and stretched as they do in that early morning light. It looked really spectacular to see these balloons in perfect formation cresting the Mound. Tragically a camera is baggage I can’t afford on my power walk so I didn't get a photo. But maybe that’s just as well. Neither my camera nor my photography skills could come close to capturing that awesome sight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home